Monday, July 19, 2010

Coming Soon from Zondervan - Matthew in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament

In November 2008 we saw the inaugural release of a new commentary series from Zondervan called the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament or ZECNT. That initial volume was by Craig Blomberg and Mariam Kamell on the book of James. It was very well done but my question was how would this new format look on a book of larger proportions than James? Well, the wait is almost over. Coming this October/November we will see Grant Osborne on the Gospel of Matthew. I enjoyed Blomberg and Kamell on James and look forward to seeing this new volume. I have the highest hopes for it. I had the pleasure of having Grant Osborne as an instructor while I was at Trinity although it was for only one course (Colossians and Ephesians).

AND you should know two more volumes in this series will be right on the heels of Matthew due out in the December/January time frame. Galatians is authored by Thomas Schreiner and Ephesians by Clinton Arnold (who is also the general editor for the series).

Matthew will be a hardcover with 1152 pages (although the catalog description I have from my rep says 1200 pages) and will sell for $49.99.



1 comment:

Andrew R said...

Louis, a blogger/reviewer I like to read is Jason, the writer of the "Pastoral Musings" blog. He reviewed an advanced copy of Matthew here: http://pastoralmusings.com/2010/06/book-review-matthew-zondervan-exegetical-commentary/