Monday, February 16, 2009

In Store Now - How Then Should We Choose

Kregel Publications is now in the game of multiple views books. I've said before how much I like these genre of books and this looks to be a good contribution. How Then Should We Choose? Three Views on God's Will and Decision Making edited by Douglas S. Huffman will be a good resource for those who are struggling to know God's will. Henry and Richard Blackaby (Henry is author of several Christian books including Experiencing God. Richard is president of Blackaby Ministries International.) argue for "The Specific-Will View," Garry Friesen, professor of Bible at Multnomah Bible College, Portland, Oregon, argues for "The Wisdom View," and Gordon T. Smith, formerly academic dean and associate professor of spiritual theology at Regent College and now president of ReSource Leadership International, writes for "The Relationship View." I'm familiar with the first two but can't say I've ever heard of the "Relationship View." I look forward to reading more about that. Of the two views I know, I tend to side with Friesen so I especially look forward to the responses against him. How do you determine God's will for your life?

No comments: