Saturday, September 26, 2009

Update on My Family

Jan and I are now back in Michigan. It must sound odd but we've never been so happy to see Michigan after returning from Hawaii! We are holding up well and we attribute that to God's sustaining power in answer to your many prayers.

We do not have any arrangements yet for local a funeral. Joshua's body is still in Hawaii and will be released soon. As soon as we have any information I will let you know.

We want to say how grateful we are to all of you for your prayers, comments, cards and gifts which have meant so much to us. The pain has certainly been eased by the comfort of so many. I've shared with so many how gracious God has been to us through friends, both old and new, and family. I hope to share some of those with you in the future. God's goodness has been a rock to keep us above the temptation to despair. In the past when I've had to sign a condolence card I have written something I heard in a sermon by E. V. Hill which says "Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal." I can testify that a week after Joshua's death that healing has begun. The tears still come and our grief and pain run deep but God's grace runs deeper.

No comments: