Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Norman Geisler Visit - Reflections

We had a great event last night with Dr. Norman Geisler speaking on "Logic: The Vaccine for Postmodernism."  Approximately fifty people showed up to hear the noted apologist and philosopher.  I was expecting him to speak about 20 minutes but surprised when he went just over an hour.  Complete with a power point presentation Geisler covered the philosophical background to postmodernism and he said the natural result of postmodernism is relativism in various forms.  I started taking notes but once he announced that he would provide the complete power point presentation to those who provided an email address I quit.  He covered some of the basic laws of logic as well as providing a defense of "reductive" foundationalism which he distinguished from the more common whipping boy of postmoderns, namely, deductive foundationalism.  The event was video taped and will probably be made available for sale on his website.  I will let you know as soon as I know.  Here are a few snapshots from the evening.  Thanks to all of you who were able to come out. 






Ken Carozza (a co-sponsor for the event), Norm, and me

2 comments:

Jared Yaple said...

Thank you for your work on this!

Here is my email address if you wanted to send me that picture of me with Dr. Geisler.

jaredy@c2mpg.com

Last night I was on a plane from Minneapolis to GR and ended up sitting next to Gordon Fee's daughter Cherith Fee Nordling. What a great trip that was!

I'll be in later, but probably will not see you...

Thanks again for the work on this event!

Jared

Andrew R said...

Sounds like it was a great event. I'm sorry to have missed it. Let me know when the video is up.

AR