Friday, July 17, 2009

Baker Publishing Group Receives Three Christy Awards

Baker Publishing Group just announced that they were the recipients of three of the 2009 Christy Awards. The winners were:

1) In the "Historical" category: Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin (Bethany House)

2) In the "Historical Romance" category: From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (Bethany House)

3) In the "Suspense" category: The Rook by Steven James (Revell).

Congratulations to Baker Publishing Group and these authors on their excellent work. Since I don't read a lot of fiction I can't comment too much on their selection. I have read The Rook and, well. . . if you've been following this blog you know how much I love this series. The first book in the series, The Pawn, was a runner up in 2008. The winner that year in the suspense category was The Cure by Athol Dickson which I have also read and enjoyed.

No comments: