Monday, August 3, 2009

Baker Book House Celebrates 70th Birthday!

Baker Book House celebrates its 70th birthday this month!

All of us in the store are very excited about our 70th birthday. Actually, we don't need much of an excuse to get excited but this just puts us over the top. I consider it a pleasure to work for such a great company. That may sound like a cliche but I assure you I mean it sincerely. Pictured here are Rich Baker, president of Baker Book House (on the left) and his son Dwight Baker, president of Baker Publishing Group. They are holding the book More Than Conquerors by William Hendrickson. It was the first book published by Baker in 1939 and it is still in print today. Rich is holding a first edition copy while Dwight is holding the current edition. I didn't make it into the picture, (Not sure how that happened. I kept walking behind them while she was snapping pictures.), but I will point out that my department is pictured in the background affectionately termed "The Deep End."

Read an article from The Grand Rapids Press complete with some really cool pictures. You can also read more about the history of Baker Book House here.

We are having some great sales in the store so if you are local or can get into town stop by and check it out. The sale is through the end of this week. Come in and join the celebration.

No comments: