Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Time for a Biography - Charles Wesley

Every now and then I have to take a break from my academic readings and read a biography. I wish I read more of them but, I confess, I don't. This year I've read more than usual since I read three or four biographies on Calvin. By the way my favorite was by Bernard Cottret.

A year ago Eerdmans published a biography of Charles Wesley by John R. Tyson called Assist Me to Proclaim: The Life and Hymns of Charles Wesley. I started it once and was soon distracted by the lure of other titles. I've decided to pick it up again and finish it this time. I won't completely break from my other reading (I can never just read one book) but will make this my primary reading for the next week or so. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

No comments: