Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Coming Soon from Zondervan - How I Changed My Mind About Women in Leadership

Egalitarians and complementarians alike will have much to learn from How I Changed My Mind About Women in Leadership.   Here's the catalog description:
"This book features a number of autobiographical accounts as to how various persons have come to change their minds about women in leadership. Well-known Evangelical leaders—individuals and couples, males and females from a broad range of denominational affiliation and ethnic diversity—share their surprising journeys from a more or less restrictive view to an open inclusive view that recognizes a full shared partnership of leadership in the home and in the church based on gifts not gender. How I Changed My Mind About Women in Ministry offers a positive vision for the future of women and men together as partners of equal worth without competitiveness in the work of equipping this and the next generation of Christian disciples for the ‘work of ministry’ and service in the Kingdom of God."
Contributors include Stuart and Jill Briscoe, Tony Campolo, Bill and Lynne Hybels, I. Howard Marshall, John and Nancy Ortberg, and Cornelius Plantinga.  It should prove to be very interesting to see how each of these developed in their understanding of women in leadership.  It is edited by Alan F. Johnson

Watch for it this October.  How I Changed My Mind About Women in Leadership will be a paperback with 208 pages and sell for $16.99. 

2 comments:

Scripture Zealot said...

If Stuart and Jill Briscoe changed their mind it must have been a long time ago. She preaches a sermon every Mother's day and there have been specific ministry pastors who are women at their church (although he's not the head pastor anymore) for quite a while. Theirs would be a good one to read though because they're very old (a good thing), they're from England originally and they have a long lifetime of experience with a serious commitment to God and Scripture.
Jeff

Andrew R said...

I'm looking forward to this one too. For so many it seems that "changing their mind" involves not just prayer and biblical-theological study, but also personal experiences that often help finalize their decision. I know that's true for me at least!
AR