Saturday, August 1, 2009

In Store Now - Jesus and the Gospels

I gave you heads up on this book back in June and I'm happy to say it has arrived in the store. At the time I didn't know what the revision would entail and I haven't had time to sit down with it. Dr. Blomberg gives a nice summary of the changes on his blog.
He says,

"So what is different about the new edition of my book? First, it’s about 15% longer. Particularly in the sections on social-scientific study of the ancient Mediterranean world, on literary criticism of the Gospels, on background to the Gospel of John, on the historicity of the Gospels more generally, on the quest of the historical Jesus, and on the Gnostic and other apocryphal Gospels, I have added extra material. These are areas on which there has been an intense flurry of scholarship in the last twelve years, since the first edition came out."
There's more. . . continue reading here.

No comments: