Saturday, October 3, 2009

Returning to Work on Monday

After a very difficult two weeks I will be back to work this coming Monday. I have a lot of catching up to do. Thanks to so many of you who were able to attend the visitation or funeral (or both). I've received more hugs in the last two days than I have in the last two years and I enjoyed every one of them. On behalf of my entire family I want to say thank you to all of you who held us up in prayer. For the first time in my life I can say "I felt your prayers" and truly know what that means. And I know many of you have told me that you will continue to pray--thank you. I've heard the first year is the hardest (all the missed holidays and birthdays). I have no doubt it will be. I trust that God will see us through the year ahead as he has the past two weeks. We have three great kids (OK, Adam's a bit old for "kid" but you know what I mean)who continue to keep us busy and two beautiful grand kids who we can't wait to spoil and tell them endless stories about their dad.

No comments: