Friday, October 16, 2009

Steven James Coming to Baker Book House

I am pleased to announce that Steven James will be coming to the store on Friday, November 6th at 7:00.

My first exposure to Steven was with his fiction series The Bowers Files. I'll be the first to admit I don't read a lot of fiction but I absolutely love this series. Steven's most recent work is a book of prayers called A Heart Exposed: Talking to God with Nothing to Hide. I did a brief review of the book in an earlier post. He thanked me for the review while offering some kind and encouraging comments on the loss of my son. It meant a lot to me to hear from him because I had been reading his book throughout this time and had found it very helpful. I can't point to any one prayer in particular but it was the honesty and transparency of the prayers which is so characteristic of the prayers that reminded me I had nothing to gain by not being open and honest with God about my feelings.

If you're in the area and can make it in I'm sure it will be a fun night. Steven will speak (though we don't know his topic) and sign his books. I've already marked my calendar and hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Andrew R said...

I'm reading "A Heart Exposed" right now and truly enjoying it. I'll do everything I can to be there on the 6th.